Langley Deagle is renowned for many different types of artwork. However, one of his largest and most impressive endeavors is the set of works dedicated to pen and ink renditions of the old lighthouses of the Chesapeake Bay. Most of these lighthouses are no longer standing and all his work is pieced together from historic photos and hours of research. Once he finishes his research, he produces a gorgeous final piece showing the lighthouse in its former glory. Now, these pieces are available as greeting cards, and you can buy them individually (card and envelope) or as a set. Share the joy of these works with others by sending them a beautiful card in the mail.
This card offering is for the Tue Marshes Light. “Originally called “Too’s Marshes” the Tue Marshes Lighthouse was built in 1875 at the entrance to the York River on the Goodwin Islands. It was a square screwpile lighthouse and was built at a cost of $15,000. It had two additional fender piles, one on each of the ebb and flow sides of the structure for additional stability against ice flows. In the late 1890s, the spelling of the name was changed to “Tue’s Marshes.” The lighthouse was dismantled in 1960 and replaced with a steel skeletal tower built on the original foundation. “ https://cheslights.org/tue-marshes/