Antique freestanding easel-style folding chalk board that flips down to convert to a child's writing desk. Period is between 1900 - 1950. This is a Chautauqua style early version of an art desk. The inside cubby storage sections hold paper/pencils/supplies. Has the original scrolling display that still scrolls easily to show the alphabet in block and cursive letters and many other writing, art, and music teaching elements. The top edge of the easel is carved. The entire easel appears constructed of mahogany except for the pine desk top. Desk, blackboard, and scroll are in excellent condition.
- Finish: Wood (Mahogany and Pine), Chalk Board, Paper Scroll
- Believe made by Lewis E. Meyers & Company, Valparaiso, IN
- Set includes the antique freestanding chalk board/ desk. PLEASE NOTE: This offering is one of a collection of vintage schoolroom and home teaching tools. To see the other items, search "vintage schoolroom."
- Overall Open Dimensions : 44 1/2”Tall x 22 1/2” Wide x 17” Deep
- Closed Dimensions: 45 1/2” Tall x 22 1/2 “ Wide
- Desk Dimensions: 21” wide x 17” Deep
- Blackboard Dimension: 13 1/4 Tall x 18 Wide
- Back Dimensions : 15” Tall with 9.5” Tall Padded x 16” Wide
- Product Dimensions : (Base) 31” Wide x 31” Deep
- Product Weight : 30 lbs. (Rough estimate as it stands but packed shipping weight would be higher)
This sale is for the Chautauqua style freestanding folding chalk board and art desk. Other items depicted in photos are not included in this purchase. Packing and shipping are not included in purchase price.
NOTE: Seller does not ship this item. Buyer must select local pickup at checkout and must arrange packing and shipping and remove item from the shop within 5 days of payment. We have used Williamsburg Pak and Ship, owner Dennis Pallister, 757-229-8134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Buyer may use the pak and ship company of your choice or may pick up item up at the shop in Mathews, Virginia,